Hear from real patients
We know you have questions and concerns about DBS beyond what we can answer. That is why we have our Patient Ambassador program: connect with someone who has been in your shoes. We can connect you with a Patient Ambassador who can share their experience leading up to and after receiving DBS.
Speak with a DBS Patient Ambassador
What Is the Patient Ambassador Program?
The Patient Ambassador Program lets you and your family connect directly with someone who has Parkinson’s Disease or Essential Tremor, understands the disease firsthand, and is currently living with a Boston Scientific Deep Brain Stimulation system. Patient Ambassadors volunteer their time to share their experiences and answer your questions from a patient perspective. They are not employees of Boston Scientific and do not give medical advice.
Learn about the following topics and more!
- What DBS feels like and how it helps manage their disease
- How Parkinson’s Disease (PD) or Essential Tremor (ET) has affected their work and family life before and after DBS
- What PD or ET symptoms they’ve experienced & treatments they’ve tried
Call 1-833-327-1473 or click below to schedule a call.
Have DBS and want to tell your story?
We want to hear from you!
Share your story about living with a DBS system to help others considering the procedure
Become a Patient Ambassador
What is a Patient Ambassador?
If DBS has changed your life and you are looking to help others do the same, consider becoming a Patient Ambassador.
What it takes:
- Being a current Boston Scientific DBS Patient
- Willing to share their experience with Parkinson’s or Essential Tremor with others considering DBS
- Being a Patient Ambassador is completely voluntary. You can opt out of the program at any time.
What does becoming a Patient Ambassador involve?
Your stories are inspiring! Becoming a Patient Ambassador involves:
- Choosing to volunteer as much or as little as you would like
- Speaking with patients on the phone, participating in webinars or events
- Describing your personal experience with DBS therapy in a truthful and clear way. Don’t worry, you are not expected to become an expert on DBS and can not give medical advice.
How can I become a patient ambassador?
Connect with a Boston Scientific Representative to explore becoming a DBS Patient Ambassador.
1. Boston Scientific, Patient Ambassador Training Program Guide NM-578403-AB. Copyright 2021. 2. Boston Scientific, Patient Ambassador Training Deck NM-582713-AB. Copyright 2021.